All life depends on water. It's a precious resource in arid regions such as Colorado where precipitation from rain and snow must meet the needs of wildlife, municipal, agricultural, industrial and recreational users. Given these growing demands, efficient water use in our operations is essential. There are many ways to preserve this resource and they all start with us.
Here are just a few things we can all do to preserve this precious resource :
- Always fill reusable water bottle. Americans buy more than 8 billions gallons of bottled water a year and toss more than 22 billion empty plastic bottles in the trash.
- Run the clothes washer and dishwasher only when they are full. You can save up to 1.000 gallons a month.
- Turn off the water while brushing you teeth and save 25 gallons a month.
- Turn the faucet off. For every minute you reduce you faucet use, you save about 1.6 gallons of water.
- Install a new low-flow showerhead. It can save 25-50 percent more water.
- Xeriscape - over half of the average household's daily water is used on the landscape (whoa !!).
Let's start to conserve our water ! :)